I watch crappy movies so you don't have to.

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Movie Review For June 12, 2015: JURASSIC WORLD

JURASSIC WORLD
Rated: PG-13
Stars: Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard
Plot: The park is now open and business is starting to dwindle, so to keep it going the staff are creating hybrid dinosaurs. And, once again, through the order comes chaos.
Trailer

Clint Says: Wait until after opening weekend, but see this in theaters


I found this film to be completely absurd and totally awesome. It is a great Summer flick. You don't have to think too hard, you can just sit back and be entertained. The effects are outstanding, there is enough suspense to keep you somewhat near the edge of your seat and the story, while not great, is good enough to make it engaging.

For those of you expecting this to be a nerdtastic sequel to the first epic film in the franchise, you will be disappointed. This is not a thinky science-fiction marvel like the original, it is more like a disaster film.

Although I really enjoyed this film I'm nervous that they left it wide open for multiple sequels. If and when there is a sequel I hope they add in the one missing element that will make it spectacular...JEFF GOLDBLUM! That is all.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to see it this weekend in IMAX with my buddy, so this sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the stuff hidden in scenes that reminded you of the original movie. It was like we started playing "How many can you find?".

    ReplyDelete